External links & providers
We may link to other websites to help our guests in planning their holiday. We do not accept any responsibility for those websites as we have no control over them or how they process any personal data. If any pages on our website links you to other websites, those newly opened links / websites do not operate under this Privacy Notice. We recommend you view their notices to understand how they process your information. If you have booked with us through a third party provider such as a holiday agent then this notice will apply and you should also ensure you have also read the agents privacy notice.
Who we are
We offer luxury accommodation for you, your friends and family to rent so you can visit and stay at our beautiful property in Tuscany.
Our website address is: https://www.tuscanparadiso.com
What personal data we collect and why
We will hold and retain your name and contacts details in order to manage your booking. Contact details will include your name, telephone numbers, email addresses and a postal address. In addition we will ask for certain information about your friends and family, including children, who will be staying with you. You must ensure you have their consent (where appropriate) before providing us with their information. When you make a payment to us using your bank account details, credit card or via PayPal those details will show in our bank statement but are stored and processed by a third party provider, namely our bank. We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Managing your booking
- Booking your holiday dates and removing them from our availability calendar
- Taking payment from you
- Responding to any queries you may have before, during or after your stay
- Sending you a booking form to ensure the rooms in each of our houses are set up correctly
- Sending you directions to our property prior to your stay
- To request and manage feedback and reviews
- To send you any updates or offers if you have signed up to receive them
- For protection of our website from spam and hacking
- We will use information such as cookies to improve your experience and to provide us with analytical information to help us improve our services
- To comply with the law and regulations of the Italian authorities.
We will not sell your personal information to anyone without exception.
We will not use your information for marketing unless you have specifically requested or agreed to this.
We do not take payments for booking online.
Personal data will only be provided to us by you, a member of your party or your booking agent.
It may be provided through the agents own on line system, by email or via our contact us form.
If you choose not to share your personal data with us or seek to restrict how we use it then we will be unable to provide you with our service.
If you have any questions about the information we hold about you or about this notice please contact our Data Manager Dale Sullivan at email@example.com
Justification for using your data
Your information will be processed on the basis of one of the following grounds:
1. You have given us your consent. For example you have opted in to receive updates and offers from us.
2. We have a contractual obligation to you. When you book with us we need to use your information to manage your booking and take payment in order to carry out our contract with you.
3. We have a legal obligation. For example we are required by law to provide your details to the Italian Authorities.
4. There is a legitimate interest. It is reasonably expected that we will process data in order to run our business.
How we protect your data
We understand how important it is to our guests to ensure that your data is kept secure and we take all reasonable steps we can to protect the information we hold.
We cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we take all reasonable steps to ensure its security.
Our security measures include:
- Our website has a security certificate (https) installed
- We have anti-virus and VPN protection in place
- Information we hold is encrypted
- When necessary we will password protect documents
- Only authorised employees have access to your information
Who we share your data with
Your details will be passed to our property manager who is based in Italy and will be your point of contact on arrival, departure and during your stay. Their details will be provided to you beforeyou arrive.
On the day of arrival any persons staying at the property will be asked for their original passport so our property manager can use your name and passport number to register you with the Italian authorities. For stays of less than 3 months you are required to report your presence in Italy. This will be done for you on the day of your arrival and at our property. We do not retain any of the data or copies of your passport. For more information please see the link below. https://europa.eu/youreurope/reporting-presence/htm
We will use and share your information with our accountants for the purposes of managing our accounts and tax (which we are legally required to do).
We may be required to disclose your information to the police, enforcement or a governing body either in your country of origin, the UK or Italy. We will ensure the request is lawful upon receipt before we process your data.
If we are required to share your information with anyone else then we will seek your consent before doing so.
How long we retain your data
We retain the personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so, for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise the data.
We will anonymise or aggregate your data if we intend to use it for analytical purposes or trend analysis over longer periods.
Where your data may be processed
The information you provide to us will be processed in the UK and Italy.
What rights you have over your data
You have various rights over your data including:
1. How we use your data as explained in this notice
2. To make a request to access what information we hold about you. Any request must be made in writing to our data manager
3. To update and correct any inaccurate information
4. The right to be forgotten and have your data removed or anonymised
5. You may be able to restrict how your information is used in certain circumstances
6. The right to data portability
7. In some circumstances the right to object to your data being processed
8. The right to opt out of our marketing emails
If you no longer wish to receive any updates or offers from us then you have the right to withdraw your consent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While you have a right to make a request for your data to be deleted we may not be able to do so as we may need to retain it for legal purposes. We will advise you if this is the case should there be a need to make a request.
In addition if you wish to invoke any of your rights as set out above then please write to our Data Manager at email@example.com
with your request.
All testimonials and feedback on our site are from genuine guests who have stayed at our property.
We will review all testimonials before they are published on our site to avoid spam.
We reserve the right to use all testimonials that have been provided to us. We may use the whole of the review or part of it.
When visitors leave comments on our website we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
A cookie is a small file sent to your computer’s hard drive by a web page that you visit. Cookies allow web applications to recognise your device (not you personally) as you move from one page on the site to another, or if you revisit the site within a certain period of time. If you express a preference on a web page, for instance, that preference can then be recalled in the future. A cookie in no way gives us access to other files on your computer or to any other of your device’s functions.
We use traffic log cookies to compile statistics about the popularity of pages on our site and about how people have arrived here. This helps us improve our website. We only use this information for statistical purposes. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, however, you can usually modify your browser settings to decline or block cookies if you prefer.
Embedded content from other websites
Updates to this notice
We reserve the right to make changes to this notice and invite you to check back and keep up to date about our privacy notice. This notice is dated below so you can see when it was last updated.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or your rights please contact our Data Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated 30 March 2020